Commercial airplane costs can exceed $200 million. Military aircraft cost exponentially more. High-performance systems that detect heat or flames and actuate fire suppression systems are essential to safeguard assets, hangar structures and human life.
Solutions must address a hangar’s unique challenges:
– Large detection expanse that contains sizable obstacles
– Large hangar doors that create variable conditions
– Radio-frequency interference (RFI) that can create false alarms
Beyond the equipment choices a superior installation takes expertise with standards, codes and optimal placement.
One size does not fit all. A hangar’s unique characteristics require special planning, design and implementation considerations:
1. Placing flame detectors
2. Rejecting of false alarms
3. Building in redundancy
4. Speeding detection and decision making
5. Integrating fire and gas detection and suppression
Det-Tronics provides the site analysis, technologies and controls required. The white paper expands on the challenges and steps to consider in determining the best solution for your needs.